Having a blog that looks attractive has become a distinctive impression for blog owners, with “templates” we can customize the appearance of blogs like whatever we want. Moreover, there are now a lot of free template providers for blogs like zoomtemplate.com, dhetemplate.com etc. This is quite profitable than we buy paid templates. But something free or paid, certainly has its own deficiencies and advantages. This article will cover how to install templates on blogs (blogger.com). Perhaps some of you have just started learning to blog and have difficulty installing templates. Here are some tips to start downloading templates to install them on your blog.
1. Go to www.zoomtemplate.com
2. Select and CLICK one of the preferred template models, it will appear as an example picture below:
LIVE DEMO: To see a blog / web example when it’s plugged in a template.
DOWNLOAD: To download the template.
3. Click DOWNLOAD, to begin downloading the file.
This file is WinRAR ZIP format, so make sure it is EXTRACT before uploading it to blogger.
4. After successfully downloading, then log in to WINDOWS EXPLORER and search for the file. When you’ve found it, then CLICK RIGHT, then click EXTRACT HERE. After successfully extracting it will appear new folder. CLICK the folder will then appear as in the picture below:
From the picture above there are 2 files that I underline in red, later one of these two files can be uploaded to blogger. Here’s why:
-The first file is called REVO BLOGGER TEMPLATE: If uploaded this template will use SLIDER according to the example on LIVE DEMO when we look at zoomtemplate.com
-The second file is called REVO BLOGGER TEMPLATE – WITHOUT SLIDER: If uploaded this template will not show SLIDER. I usually use the “without slider” as on this www.berbagiinfo4u.blogspot.com blog.
Both of these files are in the form of XML Document, as how to install templates on the blog does use a specific set of code html code.
5. Next we LOGIN directly to Blogger DASBOR.
6. Select the TEMPLATE menu, then click RECOMMEND / REST (the top right corner).
7. Click TELUSURI and locate the XML Document template file that has been extracted. Then click UNGRADE and wait for the process to finish.
Suggestion: Before uploading template files it is best to DOWNLOAD FULL TEMPLATE first, this is to anticipate if an error or the uploaded template is not satisfactory. So the template can be restored as before.
There are a few tips on how to install templates on blogs. If anyone feels that the blogger’s built-in template is minimal and that’s it, and you want an instant way to have an interesting blog template. You can find free templates scattered on the Internet. Hopefully useful.